How Far Will You Go?
After more than a decade of adventurous Bozemanites traversing the globe, O/B in-hand, there’s precious little we haven’t seen. From Himalayan peaks to the ocean floor, Antarctica to the Arctic Circle, the Sahara desert to the jungles of South America, readers have taken Outside Bozeman darn near everywhere imaginable. But while the world may be finite, creativity and inspiration are not—which is why we keep receiving excellent images every issue. Thanks for all the great photos, people, and keep ‘em coming. As always, “far” can be figurative, so get weird, get wacky, get wild—just get a photo and send it in.
Winter 2016-17 Winner:
Ann Halverson, Northwest Territories, Canada
"This is Virginia Falls (315-foot drop) on the South Nahanni River, Northwest Territories, with Mason's Rock in the middle. After a 1,525-mile drive to Ft. Simpson, a 1.5-hour float-plane trip to Island Lake, a 6-day paddle in a fully loaded tandem whitewater canoe, and a 1.5-day portage around, Virginia Falls, we still have an 11-day paddle to the takeout. Outside Bozeman is lovin' the trip!"
For inspiration, head over to our How Far Winter 2016-17 Photo Gallery.
- Submit your photo(s) below, along with the location and a description if necessary. If you have a story (recommended), upload a Word document at the bottom of the form.
- Photo should be with the most recent issue; but we welcome images with any cover.
- All photos must be submitted six weeks prior to print date. Print dates are (roughly) 3/15, 6/15, 9/15, and 11/25.
- Photos should be high-resolution, at least 300 dpi at roughly 5"x7". JPEG only, please.
- Please include your email address and phone number.
- No altered photos. Do not let the wonders of Photoshop tempt you. (We'd love to see what you come up with and we may publish the photo, but you won't win.)
- Use your imagination! Winning photo may be farthest distance from Bozeman, coolest image, best story/photo combination, best use of magazine, largest number of scantily-clad women in picture, etc.
- Winner will be announced in each issue; he or she gets to stop by the office and fish through the fabled O/B Treasure Chest. Good luck!
- O/B Store